Training and Experience
ABC level 4 Diploma Integrative Counselling
I have many years experience working at Community Counselling Service in Canterbury. This has enabled me to have a wide range of experience working with adults from NHS referrals and self-referrals. I have experience and training working with East Kent Rape line. I have also worked full time as an early intervention counsellor in schools with children and young people from 4 to 18 years old. The schools I’ve worked at are: Ramsgate Arts Primary School, St Peters Primary School, Bromstone CP and Lorenden Preparatory School. I worked as a counsellor at Young Healthy Minds for four years.
I’ve worked as a counsellor at Young Healthy Minds for four years. Worked as a Clinical Counselling Director at Dads Unlimited for two years. I was an accredited counsellor at Faversham Counselling Service Limited for a year and three months. Whilst doing NHS lAPT talking services, I’ve also worked at Ethelbert Children’s Services, working with young people who are in specialist residential care. I have level 4 in advanced counselling, level 6 in Supervision, foundation certificate in play therapy, level 5 in counselling with children, I’ve worked with National counselling for eating disorders and had masterclass training.
I have a lot of experience in supervision, using the sand try method giving a completely different experience within the seven eyed model of supervision, giving a deeper in depth experience for the client, counsellor and supervisor helping the counsellor identify what is going on in the room with the client. Focus on the client, focus on the interventions, focus on client- therapist relationship, focus on therapists process, focus on therapists supervisor relationship, focus on supervisor’s process, focus on wider context are all parts of the seven eyed model process.
- Focus solution therapy
- 3rd wave CBT
- DBT and personality disorders
- Substance misuse.
- E-safety awareness
- Dreams workshop
- Young persons substance misuse
- Stress management
- Rape and childhood sexual abuse
- CAMHS National autism society
- Working with suicide
- National counselling for eating disorders
- Bromstone CP 2016-2019
- Ramsgate Arts Primary School 2019
- St Peters Primary School 2019
- Lorenden Primary School 2019
- Seven eyed model
- Hope for children
- Understanding your teenager
- Play therapy
- Adolescent mental health
- Loss and bereavement
- Note taking/data protection/confidentiality
- Metallization (MBT)
- Bereavement and loss
- Attachment and neuroscience
- Child protection
- venerable adults
- ADHD: what is it, how it feels and what to do about it.
- Substance Misusing Parents: The Impact from Pre-birth to Adolescence (Full Day) Level 3 (KSCB)
- EAP Counsellor Health Assure 2016-present
- Clinical counselling director at Dad’s Unlimited 2017-2019
- Accredited counsellor at Faversham Counselling service limited 2016-2017
- Counsellor at Young Healthy Minds 2013-2017
- Counsellor at CCS 2012-2014